I like making lists – in fact, I’ve made lists of just about everything from top 10 memories to favorite movies or things I’d like to accomplish. I’ve decided to make a list of my favorite recipes and foods from 2011 thus far. So here goes:
1. Southwest Sunshine Burgers Tacos: Mix a delicious Southwest Sunshine Burger patty with a little olive oil and taco seasoning and put it on a gluten-free tortilla and dress it up with some black beans, tomatoes, lettuce, onions and avocado. Top it all off with some fresh salsa. OMG. So Good. See full recipe here.
2. Mac and Chard from 1,000 Vegan Recipes, by Robin Robertson: If you’ve ever craved mac and cheese but were trying to lay off the cheddar for awhile, this recipe is a must. It has all the delicious and rich flavor of mac and cheese without all the guilt.
3. Grilled Tofu and Soba Noodles from 101 Cookbooks: Ok, it’s true – I have a crush on Heidi Swanson, blogger for 101 Cookbooks and author of Supernatural Cooking – but if you love soba noodles and are as into lime and cilantro as I am, you have to try this recipe.
4. Living Intentions Gone Nuts Cilantro Lime Mojo Pistachios and Pepitas: If you haven’t tried Living Intentions delicious Gone Nuts snacks, now is the time! Not only are they completely natural – containing only raw and sprouted nuts – but they are so deliciously flavorful, you won’t be able to believe they’re actually good for you. And if you’re a cilantro and lime freak like me, you’ll become addicted to this flavor packed combo.
5. NuGO Gluten Free Dark Chocolate Crunch bars: I’m not a huge bar fan – I tend to think that they are either candy bars in disguise or something healthy that will taste like cardboard. But I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised when I discovered NuGO’s line of Free bars – meaning vegan and gluten-free – as they are the perfect way to get your snack on while on the go. I’ve started taking these snowboarding and have been able to avoid high priced (not to mention unhealthy) mountain lodge foods.
6. Tisano Chocolate Tea: If you’re a chocolate addict like me, you HAVE to try Tisano Chocolate Tea. It has all the taste and aroma of dark chocolate without any of the guilt. Tisano Chocolate Tea is the only tea made purely from the husk of the cacao bean and contains all of the healthy benefits of chocolate but is dairy, sugar and gluten-free.
7. Galaxy Granola: Galaxy Granola is the best granola in town. It is baked in fruit instead of fatty oils and contains 70% less fat than other leading granolas. My favorite flavor is Raspberry – I love to pair it with a few vegan chocolate chips and munch it right from the bag or in a mug with soy milk – makes a great treat or dessert.
8. Risotto with Sundried Tomatoes, Asparagus, and Mushrooms Recipe from No Meat Athlete: If you’re craving something warm and comforting, try this delicious vegetarian risotto and pair it with a nice glass of red wine.
9. Amazing Grass Choco Infused Amazing Meal: I’m a total smoothie addict – in fact, I am pretty OCD about having my breakfast smoothie every single day – but I don’t normally like any of the “powders” as they are usually protein isolates or contain a lot of sugar and crap. Amazing Grass Amazing Meal is a raw, organic and delicious blend of green superfoods, plant based proteins, phytonutrient rich fruit and veggies, digestive enzymes and probiotics.
10. Luna & Larry’s Coconut Bliss Ice Cream: I’m a pretty simple girl when it comes to desserts – I’m not into fancy cakes, tiramisu, or anything that contains chocolate and alcohol at once – I guess you could say I’m a purist. I love dark chocolate, ice cream and cookies (mostly just chocolate chip). But because I’ve been trying to limit my dairy, I had pretty much cut myself off from ice cream altogether…that is…until I discovered Luna & Larry’s Coconut Bliss Ice Cream. Its made with real coconut milk and all natural ingredients. Try the Chocolate Peanut Butter flavor – you really can’t go wrong!