Vegetarians and vegans don’t eat turkey on Thanksgiving (obviously) so there’s really only one reason to make stuffing — its yummy! This stuffing doesn’t need to sit inside a turkey and is super simple to make.
- 6 cups bread, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or Earth Balance
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 stalks celery, sliced
- 2 large carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon sage
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 3/4 of a granny smith apple, sliced
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 2 Sunshine Burger Hempfest Breakfast patties, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place vegan bread in a baking pan and place in oven for about 15 minutes, until the vegan bread is well toasted. Meanwhile, warm the Earth Balance in a saucepan and sauté the onions, celery and carrots over medium heat until onions are translucent.
Remove vegan bread from oven and add onion mixture, herbs, parsley, raisins, optional apple, nuts, Sunshine Burger Hempfest Breakfast Patty and salt. Mix well. Carefully drizzle the stuffing with vegetable stock and toss gently.
Bake, uncovered, for 20-30 minutes. Season with black pepper if desired.