Did I mention I have a ton of winter squash? Since I already made enough squash soup to last me a lifetime, I thought a nice light salad would be a really great addition.
- 1 medium kabocha squash, roasted
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 3 leaves of kale, chopped
- 2 big handfuls of toasted pinenuts
- 1/4 cup dried currants (or raisins)
- 2/3 cup beer (like Anchor Steam)
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
Make dressing by whisking together beer, mustard, vinegar, olive oil, brown sugar, and salt. Set aside. Toss the squash in a bowl with about a third of the dressing. Let it sit for about a minute and then add the rest of the ingredients and the remaining dressing. Let sit about 10 minutes. Serve and enjoy!